Mark, Thanks for the prompt reply, After lots of surfing the next I had
tried adjusting
c:/tomcat/conf/catalina/localhost/vendoraDocs.xml as follows:-

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>VendorAlistings</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>listings</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </<servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>VendorAlistings</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

<Context docBase="D:\vendora\Docs">
  </Context>

But tomcat just ignored the context.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:24:45 +0000, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 07/12/2010 10:27, Fergus McMenemie wrote:
>>
>> Beginner Question!
>>
>> I have a c:/tomcat/conf/catalina/localhost/vendoraDocs.xml which
>> contains two lines:-
>>
>> <Context docBase="D:\vendora\Docs">
>> </Context>
>>
>> The defaultServlet as defined within c:/tomcat/conf/web.xml
>> has listings=false which suites fine for most cases. But for vendora
>> I need listings=true. How do I turn listings on for just this one
>> context?
>
> Redefine the default servlet in your webapp and set listings=true.
>
> Mark

Fergus McMenemie                Email:fer...@twig.me.uk
Techmore Limited,               Phone:(UK) 07721 376021
Old Stables, Far End,           Home: (UK) 01522 810839
Boothby Graffoe, Lincoln,
LN5 0LG, England

Unix/Mac/Intranets/WWW          Analyst Programmer