Thanks for the reply.

With that script, how exactly would I execute that script?
Pardon my ignorance, but I am a database developer that has been thrown into
networking because our network admin is at a loss to what the problem is and
doesn't seem keen on fixing it.

According to him, all the ports that we are using are open on the
firewall... 8080, 8081, 443, 8443 and 8009.  Tomcat is set to listen on port
8009 and I have configured the server.xml file to accept requests from 8009.

When you ask how many threads I have configured you're talking about worker
threads right?  I only have the one.