They do not offer any support with getting their application to work
externally.  They provide an online walkthrough document which is here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+IIS

And that is how I and the network guy set it up.... however, as you know, it
isn't working.  I have tried every avenue to fix this and you guys are kinda
my last hope. :)  I have been trying to fix this for over a month and I
can't figure it out.