Yes, exactly.  I have been thrown to the wolves and it is really causing a
problem because our application rollout schedule has been pushed back
because of this problem and its been going on for like 3 weeks.  The other
annoying thing is that the application vendor does not support getting the
app to work externally, so I have no real help desk to turn to.

Thank you for the further details... "I'm with ya".

I have the following connector string in my server.xml file:

<Connector port="8009" redirectPort="8443" enableLookups="false"
protocol="AJP/1.3" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>

I will attach the file itself to make sure you guys think it looks ok.

I ran the netstat command you gave me... lots of stuff there!  But I do see
this:

TCP   0.0.0.0:8009    0.0.0.0:0   LISTENING  4

Thanks in advance!