Hi,

On 25 January 2011 18:00, Guy Pontecorvo <guy.ponteco...@pearson.com> wrote:

> We run as many as 15 apps on a single xServe box. The corresponding Oracle
> 10g databases run on a separate server. Everything is automated. Start up,
> shutdown, updates etc. are scripted and executed using sudo. Each app runs
> as a non-admin user and is secure and isolated from the other apps running
> on that box.

For this reason alone I would use Linux.

>From what you have said, it should be near trivial to move your 15
apps from Xserve to Linux
whereas to Windows you're going to have to configure everything again
(separate user accounts,
separate instances etc).

Both solutions are feasible, it just depends upon:
(a) the amount of work you want to do and
(b) the experience you have with both operating systems.

Good luck.

--
Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie