Hi,

Thanks to all who answered my previous post regarding running Tomcat with IIS7.

I am still quite confused about the whole thing, so I think I should try to
forget about IIS for the time being, and concentrate first on how to get Tomcat
service to serve a java website sitting physically outside of Tomcat's
installed
folder.

BTW, platform is Windows 2008 R2 64bit.
Tomcat installed is 5.5.32. (In my previous question I installed 6.0.30 but I
now realised when the website was running on Linux, my manager was using 5.5.23
and now I can only find 5.5.32 to download. I hope it makes no difference).

For example, Tomcat service is installed on: (... means some more sub folders
or
files within):
C:\Tomcat\

And the subfolders under this folder are:
C:\tomcat\bin\...   (contains tomcat5.exe, tomcat5w.exe, and 3 .jar files)
C:\tomcat\common\...
C:\tomcat\conf\...   (contains catalina.policy, catalina.properties,
context.xml, logging.properties, server.xml, server-minimal.xml,
tomcat-users.xml, web.xml)
C:\Tomcat\conf\Catalina\
C:\Tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost
C:\tomcat\logs
C:\tomcat\server
C:\Tomcat\server\classes\
C:\Tomcat\server\lib\...   (many .jar files in there, e.g. catalina.jar)
C:\Tomcat\server\webapps\...
C:\tomcat\shared\...
C:\tomcat\temp
C:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\...
C:\tomcat\work

My Java web application is placed in:
C:\WebApp1\

With subfolders:
C:\WebApp1\bin\...   (contains tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe and many .sh and
.bat files as we previously start this site using the startup.bat before I
installed the Tomcat service)
C:\WebApp1\common\...
C:\WebApp1\conf\...   (contains catalina.policy, catalina.properties,
context.xml, logging.properties, server.xml, server-minimal.xml,
tomcat-users.xml, web.xml specifically used by this website)
C:\WebApp1\conf\Catalina\
C:\WebApp1\logs\
C:\WebApp1\server\
C:\WebApp1\server\lib\...   (many .jar files in there, e.g. catalina.jar)
C:\WebApp1\shared\...
C:\WebApp1\sslcerts\...   (SSL certificates in here)
C:\WebApp1\webapps\ROOT\...   (This is the root of the website. E.g.
default.jsp
sits in here)
C:\WebApp1\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\...   (The java classes we created to
be
used for the website to interact with back-end database)
C:\WebApp1\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\...   (some 3rd party .jar files
specifically used by this website)
C:\WebApp1\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml   (contains the listener definition,
points to the listener class, so that when this site starts the listener class
can perform some initialisation tasks)
C:\WebApp1\work

Question:
1. How should I configure Tomcat service so that it serves the WebApp1 website?
Which file in which folder to modify?
2. When Tomcat starts WebApp1 website, which set of configuration files is it
using? (Those in C:\tomcat\conf\ or those in C:\WebApp1\conf\?)
3. If I am to add another website to the same server, say C:\WebApp2, with
exact
folder structure as WebApp1, how should I configure Tomcat service so that it
serves both WebApp1 and WebApp2?
4. The two sites will use different IP addresses. For example WebApp1 is
43.88.12.123, and WebApp2 is 43.88.12.133. How do I tell Tomcat which IP
belongs
to which website?

Again, your input is very much appreciated.

Best regards
Conway