Tomislav Brkljačić wrote:
Hi to all,

this is my scenario and problem.
Situation 1. - local machine, win xp
I have a web app deployed to tomcat, and the app has a webform for uploading
attachments.
Attachments can have funny letters (š,ć,čćžđ ) in the filename.
I have set the file.encoding=UTF8 and UriEncoding = UTF8 for jvm and inside
the server.xml.
Everything works as expected, no anomalies in displaying the filenames of
the uploaded files.

Situation 2. - client machine, win server 2003
Same webapp as in Situation 1, same tomcat configuration in all matters.
But there is  aproblem.
After i upload the files with funny names through the app, the filenames are
scrambled and garbled.
I checked the location of the files in the file system, and of course uploadaed filenames are
acrambled in the file system too.

Obviously there is some other setting i need to check and syncronize, but it
eludes me so far..

Any help is very appreciated.

Hi.
Can you provide the *exact* versions of Java, Tomcat, and whichever file uploading mechanism you are using ? (meaning : to process the multi-part POST with the file upload, your webapp uses some additional mechanism; which is it ?)