Cris,

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

> Tom,
>
> On 4/9/2011 12:53 PM, Tomislav Brkljačić wrote:
>> I gave the "add the filter and bunch of Spring jars" method a try and it
>> turned out to be a success!
>
> You don't need a "bunch of Spring jars"... just use the one that comes
> with Tomcat and be done with it: there's no reason to add unnecessary
> libraries to your webapp.

Well there seemed to be more than 3 dependancies.

I tried with org.springframework.web-3.1.0.M1.jar only, but it didn't work.
Then i added the *-core.jar", but still problems. Tried adding
"*-beans.jar",
but still problems with loading.

After that i added the whole spring distro, ran the test scenarios and
didn't find any problems.

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

> I don't think you want this: you only want to set the encoding when the
> client has provided none. If the client provides an encoding and you
> override it, you are probably making a bit mistake.

I see.
The app i'm building will be accessible on intranet only.
Guessing on what can a client send as attach is not wise, i know.

Could this issue be handled with a smarter custom filter in place of the
generic one ?

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

>> Andre & Cris, a beer in your name tonight.
>
> You should send me a Belgian beer and Andre an American one. :)
>
> (PS there actually are decent American beers)
>
> - -chris

I've heard of Corsendonk beer as a fine one. Don't know any American beers
(beside B) :)