Hello,

Sorry for my very late answer!

I took me time to solve the problem basing on what you suggested. In fact,
there are two different ones:

- I use Tiles and I don't specify header in all elements building the final
page (<%@page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>). After
having specified that, utf8 characters display correctly.

- I also have a configuration problem at the MySQL JDBC driver level. Whereas
the database is configured for utf8, I also need to specify some parameters in
the JDBC url (see
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Database+Character+Encoding).

Thanks very much for your help!
Thierry