On 6/24/2011 5:48 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
On 24.06.2011 14:08, Tim Funk wrote:Looks like this is the root cause from
DefaultServlet ...
While the ISE is caught ... since the mimetype for js was changed - it
doesn't match the fallback method ....

             try {
                 ostream = response.getOutputStream();
             } catch (IllegalStateException e) {
                 // If it fails, we try to get a Writer instead if we're
                 // trying to serve a text file
                 if ( (contentType == null)
                         || (contentType.startsWith("text"))
                         || (contentType.endsWith("xml")) ) {
                     writer = response.getWriter();
                     // Cannot reliably serve partial content with a Writer
                     ranges = FULL;
                 } else {
                     throw e;
                 }
             }

So one patch is this (which will catch all javascript variants if multiple
exist)
                 if ( (contentType == null)
                         || (contentType.startsWith("text"))
                         || (contentType.endsWith("xml"))
+                        || (contentType.contains("/javascript")) ) {
Patch applied and credited to you in r1139280.

Thanks!

Rainer

Thanks you all for fixing this. I think that makes good sense that TC 7's DefaultServlet recognize javascript as a text type like 'text' and 'xml'.

David