From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: ב 27 יוני 2011 15:39
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: fail to download large static files in tomcat

Michal Singer wrote:

> This worked fine, the client succeeded to download the files, but I need it
> to work with large files (more then 500MB).
> This failed.

What failed ? How failed ? what do the logfiles say ?

> Does anyone know why this can fail?

Not without some better data.

> Is there a configuration I need to add to raise the limit? (I couldn't find
> it in the apache-tomcat configuration manual).

As far as I know, there is no limit (on the Tomcat side) for *downloading*
files.

> Is it recommended to use apache-tomcat for this (currently we download with
> using ftp server embedded into our product, but it is too heavy)?

What do you mean by "too heavy" ? at the level of the client, or the server ?
(or the bandwidth of your communication channel client(s)<->server ?)

I don't think that this would be either recommended or not recommended.  It is
something
that you /can/ do with Tomcat (or any other webserver).
If these are always large static files, you may want to look at a parameter
somewhere
named "useSendFile" or similar, probably in the <Connector> documentation.