> Hi, I am working with apache-tomcat-6.0.18 and I want to use it to download
> static files.
> I have clients which will contact tomcat using wget.

1) Try with an up-to-date version of Tomcat. It will be 3 years old in
a month. There were a lot of fixes since then.

E.g. 48843.

It might be that you are facing some timeout. There are better changes
with more recent versions.

2) What exactly connector implementation do you use?
Bio(Jio)/ Nio / Apr?

It should be visible in the logs when Tomcat starts.

> 10.206.90.6 - - [30/Jun/2011:11:37:16 +0300] "GET
> /bundles/vacc-AOS701b318-fl.tgz HTTP/1.0" 200 -

3) It should not matter much, but most clients will use HTTP/1.1

(The last one that I encountered was old IE 6 with "Use HTTP/1.0
through proxy" flag).

4) There might be proxies between you and client that will close the connection.