2011/8/14 Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>:

> I'm running Tomcat 7.0.19 to scale and serve images for use on a lot of
> websites. Since the upgrade from 7.0.16 to 7.0.19 I get the following stacks
> now and than.
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: The response object has been recycled and
> is no longer associated with this facade
>(...)
>
> Is this known? I didn't change code recently and I read it again and we are
> not doing unusual things with the Reponse object. Any hints? Should I file a
> bugreport?

It is more likely that a problem is in your code, not in Tomcat.

It looks like you accessed a Response that has already been recycled.
Usually it happens when response object is stored in a field that is
shared by several threads
(e.g. in a field in a Servlet, because a single Servlet instance is
shared by several threads).

In case if there really is a bug, can you reproduce this issue with
some sample code?

There were refactorings in connectors, so some subtle changes in
behaviour are possible, but thus far all such IllegalStateException
issues that I remember were application errors.

Recycling of facades can be turned on with a system property,  and it
is always on when running with a security manager. Were you running
7.0.16 with security manager as well?

> I'm going to upgrade to 7.0.20 this afternoon, but the release notes don't
> mention this problem as solved.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko