Happen to have that one handy, but haven't looked at it in a while.
I've been partial to the WROX set of books on Tomcat, though I've noticed those
guys got a little lazy on insuring accuracy with the latest addition. It's
mostly in the configuration stuff. They still mention some deprecated features,
such as including <Context> in server.xml, without mentioning that they are
deprecated.
I've been relying on the Tomcat Docs website when I want accurate config info
lately.  But a good overall review of concepts is usually found in something
like these books.  Thanks for reminding me about the O'Reilly reference.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.