On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Russ,
>
> On 9/8/2011 11:44 AM, Russ Michaels wrote:
> > ok I have an Apache Tomcat installed via  the Railo installer from
> > www.getrailo.org
>
> Why not download directly from apache.org?

I use the railo installer so we have a standard configuration and setup
across all server that is officially supported. I also don;t have any
previous experience with tomcat so this is also easier.

> > sometimes when I install it  the Tomcat admin pages (status,
> > tomcat manager) do not work, only the main page is working.
>
> Have those webapps been installed?

I presume so, under tomcat/webapps I have
root
docs
host-manager
manager

> Have you properly configured Tomcat to allow the manager app to work
> with proper user permissions?

I have not had to do anything special on other servers, it just worked out
of the box.

> What happens when you try to access, say, the manager webapp? 404?
> 403? Server crash? Power outage?I get a 404.on those pages.

404

> > I have compared it to working installs and everything seems the
> > same.
>
> Specifically, what have you checked?

on the servers I compared I have checked the config files are the same, the
same files and folders exist on both servers, the handle rmappings are there
etc.
Railo app works, so tomcat itself is working.