Woonsan Ko wrote:
Hi,

I have a reverse proxy configuration like this:

<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName localhost ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/app1/ ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/app1/ ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /app1 / </VirtualHost>

If it is really like above, then why are you using an Apache httpd front-end at
all?
Would it not be easier (+ simpler, + more efficient) to just get Tomcat to listen on port 80 and whatever IP address Apache httpd is listening to right now ?

(To get exactly the same behaviour as above, you would also have to make "app1" be the Tomcat ROOT application.)

Note: I also use a lot of setups with Apache httpd as front-end, and Tomcat as a back-end, and sometimes this is very practical. At least, when the Apache httpd front-end is actually "doing something" other than forwarding the requests to Tomcat.
But here, it does not seem to be doing anything at all.