Blaxton wrote:
I have created ROOT directory and placed index.jsp in ROOT directory
the same as your example:
/path/to/appbase/ROOT/index.jsp    -> myhost.com/index.jsp

but that didn't work.

I followed following instructions but those didn't work either.

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=91006

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_make_my_web_application_be_the_Tomcat_default_application.3F

is there any thing else I should do to work this out?

I wrote that second faq, but I don't see what it has to do with your problem.

You haven't answered Pid's question :

> Why do you need to do that to implement MVC?

Nor his second question :

> Without more information about your config, e.g. workers.properties it's
> impossible to tell why this didn't work.

And please, do not top-post. It is very hard to follow a discussion when you have to jump up and down in the mesage to understand what each phrase relates to.

Also, thank you for providing the versions of Apache httpd and Tomcat up-front.
But "mod_jk version 2", that does not exist.