________________________________
 From: André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2011 2:00:09 AM
Subject: Re: MVC or Model2 with Tomcat

Blaxton wrote:

> ________________________________

No. :-)

What we are still missing, is how you have defined the DocumentRoot in each of
your Apache
httpd VirtualHost's. And also any Alias directive which mentions "App1".

Because with your above setup, calling "mydomain.com/App1/index.jsp" can only
work, if you
have allowed Apache httpd to access your Tomcat applications directory
directly.  Which
you should not do.

Here is a reason why you should not do this :
Try the following URL :
mydomain.com/App1/WEB-INF/web.xml
What do you see ?
Do you want users to see that ?

Sorry, based on context file the URL that I should have mentioned is
mydomain.com/appexmp1/index.jsp and not mydomain.com/App1/index.jsp

App1 is a servlet that just print some helloworld and that works fine.
probably should have not mentioned that as it has nothing to do with jsp.

Apache DocumentRoot is not overlapping Tomcat's docbase.
I already have provided context file and here is the apache DocumentRoot:
DocumentRoot "/var/www/appexmp1/httpdocs"

accessing mydomain.com/appexmp1/WEB-INF/web.xml results file not exist.

mydomain.com/appexmp1/index.jsp  works fine but want to access
mydomain.com/index.jsp