On 8 Dec 2011, at 06:08, Blaxton <blaxx...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ________________________________

Some mod_jk config voodoo is bubbling up into my memory.

I can't see it in the docs, but try:

 JKMount /|* worker

Which version of mod_jk are you using?

> I have added welcome directive to web.xml as follow:
> <welcome-file-list>
> <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>

This tells Tomcat to look for index.html in its own resource location.
Is it there or are you expecting HTTPD to do that for you?

I think you probably want to put index.jsp instead.

> and following is DirectoryIndex in vhost1_httpd.conf file:
> DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html index.php

> I can access mydomain.com/index.html
> but getting error when accessing mydomain.com/

Check the access logs to see which server is sending the file.