David kerber wrote:
On 12/9/2011 10:49 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Martin O'Shea [mailto:app...@dsl.pipex.com]
Subject: RE: Tomcat memory allocation

I should add that Tomcat is running as a Windows service,
it isn't started manually.

In that case, nothing that we've been discussing about JAVA_OPTS, CATALINA_OPTS, startup.bat, catalina.bat, and setenv.bat is relevant. All JVM config settings need to be done with the tomcat?w.exe program.

Or directly in the registry (tomcat?w just changes those entries).

I wouldn't do that. According to Microsoft, editing the Registry directly can cause your teeth to turn green and rot, your hair to fall off your head and grow on your back, and can cause the java heap to boil over and stain your keyboard.