Andre,

thanks for precaution, I'll check the docs.

Best Regards,
Karatun Lev,
RBRU IT Application Support ,
(495) 5464

André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
06.02.2012 12:04
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Andre,
>
> but if a symbolic link is deleted, its target remains unaffected. Are
you
> sure that undeployment can damage my logs somehow?

I'd have to dig through the documentation (which you can also do).  But I
am pretty sure
that up to some version, Tomcat by default first deleted the *content* of
whatever was
pointed to by the symbolic link (in this case, the log directory), then
the symbolic link
itself.
As I recall, this behaviour was changed at some point, but maybe only when
some parameter
is specified.
The "Deployment" section of the Tomcat on-line documentation would be the
place to start.

Anyway, the way (or a way) to go to do this properly has been indicated in
a previous
message by Chuck (the one where he rectified my own sloppy scenario).

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from your
system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. ZAO
Raiffeisenbank neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail
unless otherwise agreed.