On 03/02/2012 13:53, Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm administering an application running on Tomcat 6.0.0.29. OS is AIX
> 5.3.
>
> I'm trying to write a simple jsp to make some superusers able to download
> tomcat logs via browser after entering a password. (In my organization
> it's not permitted to give anyone the "manager" role)

So give them a different role and change the rolename in the app web.xml.

> I've already managed to get a list log-files' names (just copied someone's
> part of code and made some adjustments), but when I'm trying to make
> download links, I don't know how can I specify the path to
> /$CATALINA_BASE/logs via my web-browser. As far as I can see, I can reach
> only folders like /$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myapp upon entering the link
> http://myhost:port/myapp.
>
> So, the question is - how can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

Are you intending to allow download for logs in the same application
server or a different one?  I'd be wary about the security issues here.

You can use a Servlet to forward a request to another resource.

Or you can map a docBase to another directory.

--

[key:62590808]