On 1:59 PM, Lev A KARATUN wrote:
Hello!

I'm administering an application running on Tomcat 6.0.0.29. OS is AIX
5.3.

I'm trying to write a simple jsp to make some superusers able to download
tomcat logs via browser after entering a password. (In my organization
it's not permitted to give anyone the "manager" role)
I've already managed to get a list log-files' names (just copied someone's
part of code and made some adjustments), but when I'm trying to make
download links, I don't know how can I specify the path to
/$CATALINA_BASE/logs via my web-browser. As far as I can see, I can reach
only folders like /$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myapp upon entering the link
http://myhost:port/myapp.

So, the question is - how can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Karatun Lev

Hi, Karatun-

What about providing links like 'download_log.jsp?log=catalina.log' and then, in download_log.jsp, copying the requested file to the response output stream? Security would be a consideration but not really a big problem.

-Terence Bandoian