> From: Lev A KARATUN [mailto:lev.kara...@raiffeisen.ru]
> Subject: RE: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

> when I'm copypasting the default servlet block to
> $CATALINA_BASE/logs/WEB-INF/web.xml, the application
> no longer works.

There's an additional step required for Tomcat 6 that's not necessary for
Tomcat 7.  So either upgrade, or do the following:

Change the name of the DefaultServlet in logs/WEB-INF/web.xml to logsdefault
(or some other unique label):

        <servlet-name>logsdefault</servlet-name>

and add a <servlet-mapping> for it:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>logsdefault</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Tomcat 6 does not allow you to override the <servlet-name> settings in the
global conf/web.xml, but Tomcat 7 does.

> And one more question - if myapp's docBase is set to $CATALINA_BASE/logs ,
> does it matter what is in the webapps/myapp folder?

Assuming the "myapp" you're referring to is the one for accessing Tomcat's
logs, you should not risk problems by also having a webapps/myapp.  It
shouldn't hurt, but...

And, as usual, ignore Martin G's irrelevant ramblings.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.