Charles,

I made the adjustments and it works now.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Karatun Lev,

"Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote on 06.02.2012
18:41:18:

> "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com>
> 06.02.2012 18:42
>
> Please respond to
> "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

> Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> RE: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
>
> > From: Lev A KARATUN [mailto:lev.kara...@raiffeisen.ru]
> > Subject: RE: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
>
> > when I'm copypasting the default servlet block to
> > $CATALINA_BASE/logs/WEB-INF/web.xml, the application
> > no longer works.
>
> There's an additional step required for Tomcat 6 that's not
> necessary for Tomcat 7.  So either upgrade, or do the following:
>
> Change the name of the DefaultServlet in logs/WEB-INF/web.xml to
> logsdefault (or some other unique label):
>
>         <servlet-name>logsdefault</servlet-name>
>
> and add a <servlet-mapping> for it:
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>logsdefault</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> Tomcat 6 does not allow you to override the <servlet-name> settings
> in the global conf/web.xml, but Tomcat 7 does.
>
> > And one more question - if myapp's docBase is set to
$CATALINA_BASE/logs ,
> > does it matter what is in the webapps/myapp folder?
>
> Assuming the "myapp" you're referring to is the one for accessing
> Tomcat's logs, you should not risk problems by also having a
> webapps/myapp.  It shouldn't hurt, but...
>
> And, as usual, ignore Martin G's irrelevant ramblings.
>
>  - Chuck

> PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended
> recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
> and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from your
system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. ZAO
Raiffeisenbank neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail
unless otherwise agreed.