If no web browser reports the server certificate as not valid, then
what's the problem?

From my original email:

"Now that I'm trying to configure javamelody in Tomcat 5 with HTTPS I get the following
error when I try to add the context and the URL:
javamelody avax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target."

I'm trying to add my context and the URL for my webapp in the javamelody application:

http://myweb.com/javamelody/?

I get two fields and an Add button to do that. In my tests I was able to do add a monitor for my webapp if it uses the HTTP protocol but not in the production system where it uses HTTPS.

The question is, how do I know that I have added the right intermediate certs from verisign?

Regards,

Miguel