Dear all,

My Tomcat 5.5 server reports in catalina.out under heavy load that Tomcat is pausing. I checked and no java process was running and I had to start Tomcat manually.

No errors before in catalina.out. The only error found today (It crashed 3 times in 3 hours) was an outofmemory error.

  I changed from 1024Mb to 1536Mb in catalina.sh:

  CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m"

After installing Javamelody I saw that memory use was reaching 1056 Mb (probably that triggered the outofmemory error).

Anything I can check or any setting I can set to get more information in the next crash?

  Miguel