Pid wrote:
On 11/05/2012 18:53, Vickie Troy-McKoy wrote:
Hi, I am in need of a little help. I have 2 tomcat instances running on the same machine and one apache instance running on a different machine. I configured jk_mod to access the 1st tomcat instance. Now, I have a second tomcat instance running on the same server as the 1st instance. I would like to access both tomcat instances via the one apache webserver instance. Because some requests are referenced by the same name, there is a conflict.
On the tomcat server in server.xml, one instance is running on port 8009 and
the 2nd instance (in another directory structure) is running on 7009.

On the apache server in httpd.conf, I have the following:

Listen 80
.
.
.
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

#
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkMount /abc* instance1
JkMount /xyz* instance2

In workers.properties, I have the following:

worker.list=instance1, instance2
#
worker.instance1.port=8009
worker.instance1.host=server.xxxx.com
worker.instance1.type=ajp13
worker.instance1.lbfactor=1
worker.instance1.socket_keepalive=1
#
worker.instance2.port=7009
worker.instance2.host=server.xxxx.com
worker.instance2.type=ajp13
worker.instance2.lbfactor=1
worker.instance2.socket_keepalive=1

When I call abc*, it goes to instance1; and when I call xyz*, it goes to instance2.  However, both
instances have apps that start with "tsa".  How do I configure the apache webserver to
service the "tsa" app for both tomcat instances?

configure a load balancer (worker) that uses the (other) two workers, in
addition to the
two workers, and add it to the worker list.

I think that rather than be added to the workers list, the load-balancer worker must be the only one in the list. You then tell the balancer to balance the two other workers.

 http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/loadbalancers.html

Thank you...