Dear Jose,

>> Yes I am. In finally{} block. Here is the client code:
>
> Calling the disconnect() method of HttpURLConnection may close the
> underlying socket
> if a persistent connection is otherwise idle at that time
> Try don't call it,  test it and tell us :-)
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/http-keepalive.html

Ugh. I never realized the socket API was this messy.

At any rate, I call connection.setRequestProperty("Connection", "close"); to
indicate that I do not want to make use of persistent connections. You can see
that in my client code.

If the underlying socket were closed I would also occasionally see other
methods than 'read' get an error. The stack trace I posted is the only one I
get, though.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/
kjkos...@kjkoster.org
+31651838192

Change is good. Granted, it is good in retrospect, but change is good.