What about this info in tomee web page

"Internally, from TomEE 1.5.0, JDBC pools are managed via Tomcat-pool. You
can still switch back to Apache Commons DBCP by adding the following
property: DataSourceCreator dbcp. To get the full list of available
configuration properties, have a look to Apache Commons DBCP
configuration<http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html>
."

What is the difference between tomcat pool and dbcp, they share the same
properties?

> Hi,
>
> some read http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/configuration.html;)
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

> > Hi, im having about 180 users at the same time connected to my webapp,
> > yesterday i got an mysql exception saying "Ton many connections" then i
> > read in blogs and update the property max_connections in my.cnf to 500
> > connections (i have a stand alone server for database only that has 16gb
> of
> > ram just for the OS and the DB) then in that post recommend to adjust
> that
> > value (max_connections) accord to my pool connection. I use a datasource
> > resource configured in tomee.xml and i have this
> >
> > <Resource id="any" type="DataSource">
> >   JdbcDriver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> >   JdbcUrl ...
> >   UserName xxx
> >   Password xxx
> >   jtaManaged true
> >   initialSize=30
> >   MaxActive=500 (my old value was 250)
> >   MaxIdle=50
> >   MaxWait=90000
> >   MaxWaitTime=90000
> >   validationQuery=SELECT 1
> >   testOnBorrow=true
> > </Resource>
> >
> > Then i have this questions:
> >
> > 1.What advice can you give me for handle around 180 users that use my app
> > an hit the database with each action.
> > I use JSF (@NamedBeans) + EJB (All my EJBS are statless) + 1 SessionBean
> > (@Named) for each users.
> >
> > 2. Which is the difference between MaxIdle and MaxActive?
> >
> > 3. Which is the default timeout for close inactive connections and what
> is
> > the name of the property?
> >

> > I will be happy with any kind of advice.
> >
> > I use 2 servers with this configuration and tomee and both of them read
> > other server where the database is (2 webapp server + 1 db server).

> > *José Luis Cetina*

*José Luis Cetina*