Well this should move to openwebbeans@ list (meecrowave is a subproject of
openwebbeans not tomee) ;)

In my opinion, that's really exciting! I hadn't heard of Meecrowave before
> this email. Congratulations for the efforts.
>
> Meecrowave OAuth2 sounds insanely helpful too -- and a lot simpler to
> configure than JBoss KeyCloak, based on what I saw the last time I looked
> at it.
>
> Should Meecrowave work out of the box with Bean Validation and Jackson
> (with the JAX-RS extension) if they are included in the classpath?

Not by default since it is not cdi code but it is not that hard:

- for jackson you will ikely need to deactivate the default json provider
(through the cli or setter if you code the main) setting
jaxrs-default-provider to org.apache.johnzon.jaxrs.JsrProvider only
probably and produce the jackson one, for instance:

@Produces
public JacksonJsonProvider jackson() {
    return new JacksonJsonProvider();
}

This is likely the hardest since jackson is not yet very jaxrs 2 friendly
(its @Consumes/@Produces) so you need to switch off defaults providers
which have a higher priority by default but it is not that hard.

- for bean validation, once added to the classpath:

@Produces
public BeanValidationFeature bvalIntegration() {
    return new BeanValidationFeature();
}

That's it :).

> Additionally, I didn't see any mention of DataSource configurations in the
> documentation, but I suppose it should fine because of TomEE embedded, is
> that right?

Meecrowave is just cdi+jaxrs. It has a few extensions for jpa but it is
*extensions*. Doc is on
http://openwebbeans.apache.org/meecrowave/meecrowave-jpa/index.html. You
love it or hate it cause it makes the resources part of the app (vs managed
by the container for tomee case for instance). Both have pros and cons and
I have to admit depending the app both make sense (no silver bullet ;)).