Hello, David!

Thanks for all the details. However, there is another point that currently
worries me: is there any progress on the OpenJPA side of things? By looking
at the commits log on GitHub (which should mirror the Apache repository),
it doesn't seem like a 3.x release that targets JPA 2.1 will happen anytime
soon. Furthermore, the issues targeted at version 3.0.0 in OpenJPA's JIRA
seem not to have received any attention for over a year. Therefore, unless
I am mistaken about OpenJPA's current condition, I don't see TomEE
[non-Plume] implementing all of Java EE 7 soon either, never mind Java EE 8
with JPA 2.2.