Just and idea....

I used to work on Eclipse, and one cool thing (in my opinion) we did at
conferences were the so called "plugin clinics". Basically, there would
be a couple of commiters on hand in some conference room for about 2
hours in the evening and you could bring your "sick" plugin and we would
help you with whatever trouble you had. It was fun for the committers
because you could see what people were doing with your stuff and it was
great for the plugin developers because you could get great advice for
your concrete problems straight from the horses mouth.

Thomas