Problem is that AjaxRequestTarget only applies to one page. If you
want to update the outer page (assuming that you have another page
inside modal window, not a panel), the only way to do it is from
within WindowClosedCallback registered to modal window. So you have to
mark somehow dirty components on parent page and then update those
when modal window closes.

-Matej