It seems a JIRA issue was not made for this discussion. I wouldn't want this to be forgotten about, so should I create one?

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Igor Vaynberg wrote:
there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between "render" in auth and
our general component visibility concept. perhaps it might be an
improvement to aligh auth strategy with visibility rather then
render...what do others think?

-igor