Hi Eelco,

On Nov 22, 2007 3:37 AM, Eelco Hillenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 12:33 AM, Frank Martínez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > I posted more documentation about the wicket-seam example project:
> >
> > http://www.ibstaff.net/fmartinez/?p=43
>
> Cheers Frank.
>
> Say, just out of curiosity, what are your reasons for not sticking
> with proxies like the wicket-seam-test project does? And could you
> give a few highlights as to what kind of things you support and what
> you don't in the context of Seam?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eelco

Why i do not use proxies:
  1. Seam injected Ejbs and JNDI resources are already proxies, so i
don't want a proxy of the proxy of the proxy ......
  2. Because proxies are not outjection frendly in this case.
  3. Because it is important that you can inject/outject null references.

What is supported by now:
  1. Injection of seam components and context vars.
      - You can inject resources based in its field/method name,
explicit name, type name, or even an EL expression.
  2. Outjection
      - You can outject things to the seam context using fields and methods
  3. Evaluation of EL Expressions against all seam contexts:
      - Using SeamContext.eval( expression )
      - As a value of an @In annotation. for example you can use:
           @In("#{personService.count()}") private Integer count;
  4. Easy access to seam contexts (Read/Write):
      - Using SeamContexts.set( ... ), SeamContexts.get( ... ),
SeamContexts.eval( ... )

What is not supported:
 1. @Name annotation on Wicket pages/components is not supported (obvious).
 2. Seam injection/outjection via annotations is only supported at
page level, but you can access seam context directly using SeamContext
class from anywhere.

Cheers,
Frank

--