igor.vaynberg wrote:

> why do you think the validator should be called first? if you attach a
> Number.maximum(5) validator to a  textfield do you think the validator
> should work on input string("5") or should string("5") firsrt be
> converted to int(5) and validator should work with that?

In our case a PatternValidator was enforcing the correct format of a time
string, then the converter turns that into a java.sql.Time. Now we will need
to catch and report an incorrect pattern from the converter.

I can see your point of view and we can adjust our code accordingly but it
was unexpected, since the migration guide didn't mention this change. I've
updated the Converters section of the migration guide.

Julian