On Jan 27, 2008 12:20 PM, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but then my app wont work. i add my own ajax behavior that knows how
> to do all this... so i would have to override some method on the form
> and tell it not to do its default thing? let me quote someone
> "Yuk...I'd hate to go through my *entire* application and replace
> org.apache.wicket.Form with com.mysite.MySpecialForm.  very messy." :)

Yes, class extension IS messy.  That's the point of using behaviors,
correct?  No, you wouldn't need to override a method in Form.  You'd
override a method in Application or ApplicationSettings to set
"useGlobalAjaxFormValidation"

on startup, the application would check this setting and attach a
component instantiation listener to add this behavior to all forms.

> your default is simply not good - updating feedback panels is rarely
> enough. also a lot of times users add a feedback panel per form
> component, so you will needlessly update tens of feedback panels
> rather then the single one that needs it. not a good default.

If it's such a shitty default,  WHY ship the
AjaxFormValidatingBehavior with Wicket at all?!  What is the
"preferred" way to do this?

I *know* there are a million ways to do this, but that shouldn't stop
a framework from having good default behavior.