Okay everyone,
after re-reading my posts on this thread, I need to take a minute and
apologize for my previous comments.  They came off very argumentative
and that's not what I intended.

I was *so* excited to share this idea and I was kind of expecting
everyone's response to be more like "WOW, this is a *fabulous* idea".
=)

I really appreciate the comments, and realize it's a bigger topic than
I originally thought.  I think I'm going to take some time to think
this over and maybe write a blog or two on the subject.

My original goal was to see something change with Wicket's core, but
maybe all that's needed is a wiki article/cookbook for users to walk
through.

Thanks again, and I'm genuinely sorry if I pissed anyone off.  Really!