> yes so it is not the last one you ask to have focus on
>  Very confusing for an average user
>
>  thats why there should be a single point just like
>  AjaxRequestTarget.focusComponent() works.

Ok, you've sold me.  So, is this something that belongs in "core"?
Shouldn't the core have facilities for managing component focus?  The
Ajax folks shouldn't be the only ones who get this luxury. :)  Perhaps
an IFocusManager interface?  Would that go on the IRequestCycle (since
you can only focus one component per request) or on the Page?