hmm the request cycle would be quite awful its not really there for that
kind of state
The problem is that the AjaxRequestTarget is in normal rendering something
like PageRequestTarget.

The problem is you cant really through it on a Page because the page can
maybe not be accessed
(if you have a panel that wants to try to set the focus on its first
component)

So then we are back at the that the only place where it could be on is the
RequestCycle yes.....

johan