> in what context?
>
>  you with your counter shouldn't touch the model things anyway
>  just do wat Matej told you and use addStateChange()
>  thats is what you should do

Well, I'm just trying to come up with a real-world example.  I guess
in the real world, I'd be doing something in the link's onClick()
method that modifies some model object.  So, I'd be modifying an
Address for instance (let's say I have a link that says "copy my
billing address" or something) that's being displayed in some form.
In that case, I would call modelChanging()?