Not wit url like http://localhost:8080/. That's a homepage URL. It
doesn't contain any information about page instance, etc. so wicket
has to create new page instance.

Transparent back button support is about something else. Wicket tracks
certain changes to page, i.e. adding or removing components which
triggers new page version. But in order to revert to previos page
version the URL must be either a listener interface url
(?wicket:interface=...) or a hybrid URL. So you can try to mount your
home page using HybridUrlCodingStrategy. Also just incrementing a
property will not trigger new page version. Wicket can't introspect
every property in your component hierarachy to determine that a new
page version should be created, that would be way too slow.

To get wicket to create new page version when you increment your
counter you might want to call label.modelChanging() on your link
click handler. (You need to do this because you are just incrementing
a property, not changing component hierarchy or something else that
wicket can detect).

When new page version is created you should see a version number
incrementing in your url. On back button the URL should contain
previous version number.

-Matej

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:08 PM, James Carman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/15/08, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > On 3/15/08, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  > > What URL you seen in browser after you click back button? Isn't it a
>  >  >  bookmarkable URL? Because that creates new page instance every time.
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  > When I click the back button, the URL is:
>  >
>  >  http://localhost:8080/
>  >
>  >  However, nothing goes on in the server (unless I make that final
>  >  change that you suggested).  In IE when I hit the back button, it does
>  >  indeed create a new instance and that one is used.  So, for some
>  >  reason IE is refreshing on the back button and FF wasn't (with the
>  >  same exact code before I changed the Cache-Control header).
>  >

>  Shouldn't this work without the refresh, though?  Shouldn't the page
>  have a version stored off and that link gets me back to the previous
>  version when I click it?  That's what I'm trying to get to work with
>  my example.  I'm giving a talk on Monday and I want to run this live
>  example to show how the versioning works.  Is there some tweak here
>  that I can do to get this working without the refresh?  If I can get
>  it working correctly with nice enough output, I plan on adding it to
>  the Wiki also if that's okay with you folks.  This page versioning
>  idea isn't the easiest thing to grasp and a working example might be
>  nice for folks to see.

Resizable and reorderable grid components.
http://www.inmethod.com