Ok, that makes sense.

Is there a problem logging off and then immediately logging a new user on. I
am doing this in the case that a RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException was
thrown but a different user logs on then the one that threw the
RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException. I go to the home page instead of
continueToOriginalDestination(). I see that logging off causes the Session
to be marked dirty, but when I immediately log on a new user, the session
does not get invalidated.

Do you see any reason why I should not do this?