I finally am able to get a good analysis of it.  It dumped two memory dumps
when it died in the past couple days (it's still dying about once or twice a
day).  Using this GREAT tool:
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/Java/Java+Memory+AnalysisI
am able to see deep memory views that tell me what is taking up the
memory.

Each time it dies, it is usually during heavy web crawler traffic from
Google / Ask.com / etc.  The memory tool shows me having:
4585 instances of org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession, totaling
984,160,016 bytes of memory (I give Tomcat 1GB).
4595 instances of com.texashuntfish.web.wicket.WebSession, totaling
530,524,680 bytes of memory.

I have had the session expiration turned down to 90 minutes in Tomcat for a
very long time.  So, this means that 4,585 sessions are created in 90
minutes, right?  It seems like I shouldn't have this many sessions, right?
Are the search engines crawlers creating a new session for every page they
hit?  I'm going to put some logging output in my subclass of WebSession that
tells me when it's being created, and by what IP so that I can take a look
at this.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I don't know what my session counts were in
1.2.6, but I never ran into this problem or ran out of memory, excecpt for
about a year and a half ago when I had session lengths turned up to a couple
days long.

Thank you,
Jeremy Thomerson