On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Johan Compagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> if we drop that then we can pretty much drop also model

Not sure. I think having Component(String id, IModel<T> model) is a
good thing. However, generifying Component further to get rid of the
cast when doing getModelObject() or getModel() turns out not to be
great.

> Because the model goes into the Component and gone is the generified model.

I don't have a direct problem with that. The generics of Component are
really hard on the eye and the brain. We are trying to make things
simpler and clearer. Having Component(String id, IModel<T> model)
makes things clearer.

> For example the DropDownChoice that is generified now makes sure that i have
> a lot less explaining to on this list..

Yes, I am not in favor of dropping DDC(String, IModel<T>,
IModel<List<? extends T>>). I am in favor of dropping the generics
from the Component class definition.

Martijn