I don't think the proxy stuff is your problem.  Is your DAO class
interface-based (it should be).  Meaning, do you have a DAO interface
that your implementation class implements (this part is key)?  I have
had situations where I forgot to add in the "implements FooDao" to my
implementation class even though it had all the required methods.