Wouldn't it be better to leave the generic part to this reusable link then? Why 'pollute' all links with a generic parameter?

Back to your definition:

(1) only components that use their model have a generic type
(components you are likely to call getmodel/getmodelobject on as a
user).

What now? Components that use their model *or* you're likely to call getmodel
on? Seems to me as two different things:
Link doesn't fit in the first category nor is it always used with a model.

Sven

Igor Vaynberg schrieb:
if your link is anonymous, yes. if you have reusable links in their
own class, then no.

-igor