the question here is: do most people use the model in the Link or not?

when you use compound property model in conjunction with form
components you never call getmodel/object() on those either. what now?
not generify form components? i dont think a strict criteria will
work.

some components fall into a gray area which needs to be discussed and
generified on case by case basis. when i was generifying wicket my
primary usecase is to use Link with a model so i went that way. start
a discussion/vote and see where that goes in a different thread. i
will be happy to go with what the majority thinks in this particular
case.

-igor