IMHO too many ways to do the same thing makes a project very hard to
maintain.
Development generally becomes more expensive and error prone, as you forget
the initial mindset you where in when you started, or have the same
components used one way in here, and another way there.

One has to be wary of a framework that is too orthogonal. At least in my
opinion...
I like how you guys have treated the whole generics issue, precisely in the
sense that there wont be the choice of having the same component either
generified or ungenerified..

To be a little dramatic: A 100k line project where 50% of forms are
generified and the other are using casts doesn't seem very nice.